Beyond the chilly winds of winter and the daily work routine, lies winter vacation – something that everyone waits from the beginning of the year. If you are amongst that lot and want to escape to the royal cities of Rajasthan, consider spending your year-end vacations in Jaisalmer. Popularly known as the “Golden City”, Jaisalmer is a popular tourist attraction in India. Every year hundreds and thousands of people visit this city to capture the beauty of Thar desert, palaces and forts. Here’s a list of few places that you can visit in Jaisalmer and make your trip the most memorable one.
- Jaisalmer Fort: A trip to Jaisalmer is incomplete without a visit to the Jaisalmer Fort. This is a massive structure made with yellow sandstone that houses the Raj Mahal, several havelis, gateways and temples. This fort is located on the Trikuta Hill and overlooks the entire Jaisalmer city, which is a sight to behold, especially in the evening.
- Sam Sand Dunes: A disclaimer first, since this is located approximately 42 kilometers from Jailsalmer, it is recommended to book hotels near Sam Sand Dunes in Jaisalmer as this will save a lot of travelling time. Now when you are in the sand dunes, enjoy the view of breathtaking crests and toughs while you’re on a camel safari. You can also enjoy the earthy music and folk dance here.
- Gadi Sagar Lake: Initially the Gadi Sagar Lake was built as a water conservation tank, but now it is a major tourist attraction in Jaisalmer. During the winter season, migratory birds flock the lake and this place becomes an ideal destination for bird watchers. The best time to visit the lake is during the Ganguar festival.
- Salim Singh ki Haveli and Patwon ki Haveli: With distinct and intricate architecture, these two havelis standout from the rest in Jaisalmer. Both these havelis are the heritage attractions to explore when in the city on vacation.
- Stay in luxury: When in Jaisalmer stay like a royalty! With world-class hotels in Jaisalmer, the city has luxury and comfort to offer its guests. The hotels are a piece of architecture and your stay will be something to be cherished forever.
Get your friends and family together and plan a trip to Jaisalmer to turn your winter vacations into royal winter vacations.